The new warm up Jul 16
The warmup will remain roughly the same each day with slight variations based on the focus of the class. Be sure to check the WOD posting on the blog each day and refer back to this post whenever you need!
The first 15 minutes of class are dedicated to getting warm for the day. This warm up period will not be guided and it is expected that you take it upon yourself to show up on time (or early) and properly prepare for the class. When you arrive to class, move through the following sequence of moves in this order until completed or until the 15 minute warm up time is over:
1. Row/ Run/ Jump rope for 6:00
(On the rower, aim to hold a 2:00/2:30 pace or faster)
2. On lower body strength days prepare yourself with Ido’s squat clinic routine.
On upper body strength days prepare the shoulder with the band dislocates, band pull aparts and scapular push ups. Ten reps of each.
3. Overhead squat (with a bar or pvc), pull up and push up 15 reps of each, once thru.
4. Perform the Burgener warm up with an empty bar or pvc, 8-10 reps on each movement.
5. Any additional mobility or practice for the movement of the day that I post on the blog or that you are particularly fond of.
Ute CrossFit won the team competition at this year’s Games. It took tons of dedicated training and planning to get there. But, it all started with one decision to be consistent. Have you made up your mind yet?